- Half a kilo of wheat.
- 250 grams of chickpeas.
- 250 grams of cabbage.
- 1 ham bone.
- 1 foot of pork.
- 1 onion.
- 1 tomato.
- 1 thistle.
- 2 turnips.
- 1/2 dl of oil.
- Chickpeas have to be soaked from the night before.
- Soak the wheat and drain well afterwards. Chop it, with a little added salt, with the aid of a mortar until we see that the outer layer is released. Remove by blowing skins and wash under tap water.
- Wash well the pork, cabbage, thistle, turnips and tomato.
- Chop the thistle and turnips into pieces. 5.Pick the tomato and the onion previously peeled.
- To put in a cauldron a liter of water and to cook there the chickpeas already drained and the wheat clean.
- Sauté the onion in a separate skillet. When we see that it is browning, add the tomato and continue with the cooking to medium fire.
- When foam appears in the cauldron of chickpeas, add the onion and tomato sofrito, ham bone, pork pie, thistle, turnips and chopped cabbage. Try salt and add a little saffron.
- Leave to low heat and stir from time to time, if possible with a wooden spoon so the chickpeas are not hard.
- Once the chickpeas are ready, add a little more water if necessary, and leave the fire until it is observed that the wheat is opening. It should not remain dry or salty, but rather thick and may be on fire for several hours.
- Serve hot hot.